#242, b. 5 February 1830, d. 24 September 1924
Malvina Vernet|b. 5 Feb 1830\nd. 24 Sep 1924|p242.htm|Luis Vernet Gov.||p1880.htm|Maria Saez||p1881.htm|||||||||||||
Malvina Vernet was born on 5 February 1830 at Malvina Islands, Argentina.3 She was the daughter of Luis Vernet Gov. and Maria Saez.2 She married Commander Greenleaf Cilley, son of Honorable Jonathan Longfellow Cilley and Deborah Prince, on 13 May 1861 at Montevideo, Uruguay.3,1 She died on 24 September 1924 at Argentina at age 94.4
Malvina Vernet de Cilley
Greenleaf and Malvina were in the Ford Theater in Washington, DC 15 April 1865 when President Abraham LINCOLN was shot. Malvina's mother made a note of it in her diary.5,4
Children of Malvina Vernet and Commander Greenleaf Cilley
- J. P. Cilley. The Cilley Family. Augusta, ME: n.pub., 1878.
- Rev. Elliott C. Cogswell. History of Nottingham, Deerfield, and Northwood, NH. Manchester: John B. Clark, 1878.
- Richard Cilley. History and Genealogy of the Cilley Family, 1563-1978. Lake Geneva, WI: Richard Cilley, 1978.
- Diaro Hoy, La Plata, La Plata, 5 Feb 1998.
- Annie M. Cilley. The Cilley Family Roots in New England, Vol. II. 148 Washington St, Salem, MA 01970: Higginson Book Company, 2004.